About this item:
With more than 4000 trailers on the road, LUMINA is our best-selling trailer for seven years running. Why? Maybe it’s Lumina’s bright shine. Perhaps it’s the trailer’s ample storage, or could it be its solid construction? Whatever it is, LUMINA’s got it!
Our base model LUMINA is a pull behind motorcycle cargo trailer designed with diamond tread plate and sleek black aluminum sides. This trailer boasts 14 spacious cubic feet of storage allowing two people to easily pack enough luggage for a full two-weeks of traveling. The trailer looks great behind your Harley, Goldwing, Can Am Spyder or any motorbike, trike or cycle.
We constructed Lumina’s chassis from aluminum and suspended it with a torsion axle to keep it light weight and smooth towing. Weighing in at only 170lb, this mini trailer is so feather light that you will almost forget that you’re towing anything at all. Perhaps you’ve heard this rumor: steel chassis are preferred to aluminum ones because aluminum is vulnerable to stress fractures. Really? The chassis on GM’s high performance Corvette Stingray is aluminum. How’s that for stress management?
Leaning into a turn is a necessary (and fun) part of riding a motorcycle. Sadly, when towing a trailer, traditional couplers do not allow the appreciable lean needed in a turn, which can cause flipping, binding, or jack-knifing. To help avoid these potentially deadly situations, industry insiders (Read Article Here) strongly advise the use of a swivel mechanism, and we agree.
Unfortunately, swivel mechanisms can cost$149 or more. We understand that price may be a concern, but trailering without one risks your well-being, the well-being of your passenger, and that of others on the road. We believe this so strongly that we are giving you a FREE Freedom Pivot Ball with your purchase of a Lumina. It is our gift of peace of mind. Do not expect to find an offer like this if you buy a trailer elsewhere, DO expect to purchase a tilt ball separately and DO expect to pay more. Why pay more for peace of mind, when you can get it for free at The USA Trailer Store.
- All-Aluminum Cargo Box
- Aluminum Frame Tongue & Chassis- 30 lb lighter than other trailers on the market
- Aluminum Powder Coated Tongue Stand
- Aluminum Powder Coated Chassis
- Welded Aluminum Construction
- Chrome coupler – Designed for durability, the coupler is corrosion resistant & ideal for use in all environments.
- Designed with an Overlapping Lid – This feature keeps water from inside the trailer & ensures dry luggage during travel.
- LED Bumper Lights
- Polished Aluminum Double sided luggage rack with tie down points….rated for 200 lb
- Chrome center caps and lug nuts
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Rounded Aluminum Fenders
- Carpeted interior
- Chrome paddle style lock and key entry with 2 keys
- Paperwork ready to register in all 50 states
- 4-Pin Male Connector
- Some Assembly Required
- 18 Cubic Feet
- 5-star brushed aluminum wheel
- 5.30×12 inch 6-ply tires.
- EZ grease zerk fittings
- Box dimensions – 57 3/4 long, 28 wide, 18 deep
- Overall dimensions – 95 1/2″ L x 47″ W
- Coupler size 1 7/8″
- 11 lb tongue weight
- 600 lb Independent Torsion Axles
- 500 lb carry capacity
- 190 lb empty weight – The lightest aluminum trailer on the market
- 5-Year Year Warranty